Join us for our Demo Day with Silicon Valley speakers with pitches from our Valley Ready 2020 Cohort.
About This Event:
Our CELS Valley Ready (VR) 4-month virtual program is designed to prepare Canadian-based life science companies for U.S. market entry or capital with exclusive features and a practical format.
Join us on December 4th to learn more about these amazing startups along with insights from Silicon Valley leaders.
Date: Friday, December 4, 2020
Time: 11:00 am - 2:00 pm PST (Pacific Time)
Join Info: Dial-in & Web Access Information Provided with Registration Confirmation Email
- 11:00 am - 11:15 am: Welcome
- 11:15 am - 11:40 am: 3-Minute Digital Health Pitches
42Health | HealthGauge | Neuroservo
- 11:40 am - 12:25 pm: Fireside Chat: Hidden Gems - Optimizing Opportunities for Life Science Companies in the US and Canada
Cheryl Reicin, Partner, Chair of Life Sciences Practice @ Torys LLP with Brian Courtney, CEO of Conavi Medical and Interventional Cardiologist and Clinician Scientist at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- 12:25 pm - 12:50 pm: 3-Minute General Life Science Pitches
Virica | Kheprion | Ovensa
- 12:50 pm - 1:35 pm: Keynote Speaker:
Vik Bajaj - Managing Director, Foresite Capital
- 1:35 pm - 2:00 pm: 3-Minute Therapy Related Pitches:
Nanotess | MalaikaVX | Mesentech
- 2:00 pm: Close & Thank you
Cedric Bisson - Partner at Teralys Capital
Vik is a managing director at Foresite, evaluating and pursuing investments at the intersection of technology and life sciences, including in personalized and precision healthcare. Prior to joining Foresite Capital, Vik was the chief scientific officer of GRAIL, a life sciences company working to detect cancer early when it can be cured, and remains on its Scientific Advisory Board. He is also the co-founder and former chief scientific officer of Verily (formerly Google Life Sciences) and served as chair of its Scientific Advisory Board.
Valley Ready Cohort Companies Include
- 42 sensors - eCLIPSe - Continuous monitoring device of hypertension
- Kheprion - Nanocrystalline Silver (NCS) manufacturing processes and platform that enable new products and site-specific treatments
- Neuroservo - Ultra-portable devices with realtime brainwaves analysis and pathology detection (EEG)
- Ovensa - Delivery platform - reach targeted cells/tissues and internalize payload for increased efficacy of drugs and reduce side effect
- Mesentech - Regenerative Medicine to reverse bone-loss. Bone targeting platform to treat rare bone-diseases
- Malaika Vx - Vaccine to end the HIV epidemic
- Nanotess - Catalytic NanoMedicine - Chronic wound care (i.e. diabetic foot ulcers)
- Health Gauge - Personal Health monitoring and management solutions using unique software and wrist wearable devices.
- Virica Biotech Inc. - Increase viral yield in manufacturing processes and potency in viral vector therapeutic products