How Entos pivoted into the development of a COVID vaccine
- Share experiences on how they adapted its capabilities and overcame challenges to bring their vaccine to market
- The difference between a genetic vaccine and a DNA vaccine as developed by Entos
- The changing landscape and activity in vaccine development
- The future in biologicals - attractive business opportunities for Candian life science entrepreneurs
- The Pandemic effect on the biological industry and the impact on healthcare
Date: Friday, February 5, 2021
Time: 11:00 am - 12:00 pm PST (Pacific Time)
Join Info: Dial-in & Web Access Information Provided with Registration Confirmation Email
Dr. John Lewis
CEO, Entos Pharmaceuticals
Dr. John Lewis is CEO of Entos Pharmaceuticals, an Edmonton-based biotechnology company developing genetic medicines using the Fusogenix drug delivery system. Entos is developing DNA-based vaccine and therapeutic countermeasures for COVID-19 using the Fusogenix platform technology.
Dr. Lewis holds the Frank and Carla Sojonky Chair in Prostate Cancer Research at the University of Alberta and is a Professor in the Department of Oncology, where he chairs the Alberta Prostate Cancer Research Initiative. Dr. John Lewis’s research interests lie in the areas of nanotechnology and imaging as they relate to infectious disease as well as chronic diseases such as aging and cancer. His group is focused mainly on the study of the spread, or metastasis, of cancer using advanced live imaging techniques.