Join us July 9th for our Valley Ready Demo Day.
This event will showcase some amazing innovations from 9 Canadian life science companies.
We will be joined by Jonathan Norris, Managing Director for Business Development in Silicon Valley Bank’s Healthcare practice. Jon will provide an overview of venture fund trends in healthcare, along with some of the things we can expect to see as the world goes back to “normal” post pandemic.
Stay tuned for additional speakers that will be announced.
Our CELS Valley Ready program is designed to prepare Canadian life science companies for U.S. market entry or capital. The 4-month program includes workshops, 1:1 mentorship, network connections, and a Demo Day showcase.
Join us on July 9th to learn more about these amazing startups along with insights from Silicon Valley leaders.
11:00 - 11:10 - Welcome, CELS Introduction, Opening Remarks from Brandon Lee, Canadian Consul General to the Pacific Northwest
11:10 - 11:45 - Drug Delivery/Pharma Pitches:
CSTS, Amaca Thera, Paradox
11:45 - 12:00 - Rapid Fire Q&A with Beverly Huss, Co-founder and CEO at Pagonia Medical
12:00 - 12:30 - AI/Precision Medicine/Digital Health Pitches:
Syantra, MIMS, Atom Health
12:30 - 1:00 - Speaker Presentation
Jon Norris, Managing Director for Business Development @ Silicon Valley Bank
Jon will provide an overview of venture fund trends in healthcare, along with some of the things we can expect to see as the world goes back to “normal” post pandemic.
1:00 - 1:30 - Devices/Therapeutics Pitches:
Innovere, Sonic Incytes, Ondine Biomedical
1:30 - 1:35 - Close & Thank you
- CSTS Health Care - Building technologies for a future where cancer is not a terminal disease, and every cancer patient has access to precision combination therapy with more effective and less toxic oncology drugs.
- Syantra - A precision healthcare company whose flagship product, Syantra DX | Breast Cancer, is a novel blood-based diagnostic test tailored to detect breast cancer.
- Ondine Biomedical is developing and providing clinicians with powerful tools in the fight against emerging and drug-resistant pathogens.
- MIMs provides Biopharma companies with easy-to-implement augmented intelligence systems, allowing for accurate biological simulations at early R&D stages, to assist life scientists in the development of targeted and personalized therapies.
- Innovere is developing a wireless TV that operates inside an MRI scanner to help patients be comfortable during MRI exams.
- Atom Health is a decentralized, encrypted digital health ID that helps with storing and sharing time-critical health information of a patient in brick and click clinics.
- Sonic Incytes is the developer of Velacur, the first handheld 3D liver tissue assessment tool with diagnostic accuracy comparable to MRI, paving the way for early detection and management of fatty liver disease.
- Paradox Immunotherapeutics develops immunotherapies to combat protein misfolding diseases using a proven-successful antibody design platform.
- AmacaThera - Redefining how therapeutics are delivered.
CELS is a not for profit association supporting the advancement of innovative Canadian Life Science businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and Silicon Valley through the power of the power of Community and Connections.
Canadian Life Science Start-Ups are challenged to successfully achieve their funding objectives in one of the most progressive investment communities in the world...The Silicon Valley.To succeed in the Bay Area, Canadian Entrepreneurs must adapt to succeed. This is heavily influenced by three "C"s: