Join us February 9th, 2022 for our Valley Ready Demo Day.
This event will showcase some amazing innovations from 8 Canadian life science companies.
Our CELS Valley Ready program is designed to prepare Canadian life science companies for U.S. market entry or capital. The 4-month program includes workshops, 1:1 mentorship, network connections, and a Demo Day showcase.
Join us on February 9th to learn more about these amazing startups along with insights from Silicon Valley leaders.
- Bio-Stream Diagnostics Inc. - Bio-Stream Diagnostics Inc has developed a new kind of disposable COVID-19 test that is perfectly suited for keeping people safe at work, school or for travel. It is comprised of a thin-film biosensor embedded in a testing strip (think glucose monitoring). A sample of saliva is dropped on the strip. The strip is inserted into a handheld device which registers a voltage change in the presence of the SARS-CoV-2 virus. Highly accurate results are returned in 3 minutes via a mobile App. The test is made using well established manufacturing processes that can produce millions of strips daily at very low cost. The Bio-Stream GO test will revolutionize the global testing market for COVID and other pathogens.
- Fe Pharmaceuticals - Fe Pharmaceuticals is reversing the effects of disrupted iron management in disease. Dysregulation of iron homeostasis can lead to or exacerbate a wide variety of diseases including infection, cancer, and inflammatory diseases. Fe Pharmaceuticals is developing DIBI, a non-toxic, iron-binding copolymer, as a potent, broad-spectrum, antimicrobial agent active against bacterial and fungal infections, including drug resistant organisms. DIBI starves infections for essential iron. DIBI is also effective against sepsis, inflammatory disorders, and cancer. This water-soluble polymer is ideal for many routes of administration and has been characterized in 22 published studies. It is non-toxic in animal studies and is immune to the development of microbial resistance and inhibits the development of resistance to co-administered antibiotics with which it is synergistic. NIAID is supporting development and MBC Biolabs has accepted our US subsidiary into its Bay area incubator. The company is raising a Series A to advance DIBI through Phase 1.
- Mesintel Therapeutics - Mesintel has developed a proprietary target discovery platform that incorporates our extensive knowledge of mesenchymal progenitor (MP) biology, coupled with disease-specific datasets mined by state-of-the-art AI/ML capabilities. The platform is designed to accelerate the development of therapeutics centered around the key role MPs play in driving disease, including rare oncology and the solid tumor microenvironment. These efforts will enable Mesintel to leverage its platform into complementary therapeutic areas, such as rare disease, fibrosis, tissue regeneration and aging. We are seeking opportunities to propel collaborative discovery and development partnerships, and seed funding to advance internal programs and platform capabilities.
- Nanology Labs - Nanology Labs is a biotechnology company focused on advancing the development of T-MX, a first-in-class nanomedicine that modifies the tumor microenvironment and improves therapeutic outcomes in the treatment of solid tumor cancers, leading to better survival and quality of life. The company also pursues collaborations with strategic partners to develop new precision medicines enabled by its proprietary drug delivery platform technology (TERP), which has a high degree of payload and targeting flexibility, with intrinsic capability for active transport into cells and across the blood-brain-barrier.
- Outbreaker Solutions - Outbreaker Solutions is developing and commercializing a patented, fast-acting antimicrobial touch surface made from compressed sodium chloride (CSC). CSC is integrated with commonly touched surfaces to become the contact point and continuously reduce the spread of harmful pathogens. CSC achieves a 99.9% reduction of bacteria, fungi and viruses in less than 2 minutes.
- Synapsis Medical - We are a medical wearable and smart apparel company focused on optimizing health and longitivtiy using clinically proven parameters and interventions. Our vision is to provide immediate feedback on user behaviour and to automate healthy habits.
- Zilia - Zilia is a health tech company developing a non-invasive platform to measure biomarkers in the eye and our initial focus is ocular oximetry or oxygen saturation. This key element has been abundantly linked throughout the literature with three main causes of preventable blindness such as glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, and age-related macular degeneration, and by quantifying this biomarker for the first time, we aim to prevent and better manage these diseases. Finally, for us, eye care is just the beginning as our platform can be adapted to assess other biomarkers in neurological and systemic disorders for instance.
- Scanbo - Medical Diagnostic tests are expensive, time consuming and inconvenient globally. Disease. Diagnostic tests play a crucial role at every step of disease management – Diagnosis, Monitoring, Screening and Prognosis.
Scanbo platform reduces time for the medical diagnostics, makes it available at point of care and reduces the cost by 30-50%. Overall it leads to better outcome, early treatment and improves mental health.
CELS is a not for profit association supporting the advancement of innovative Canadian Life Science businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area and Silicon Valley through the power of Community and Connections.
Canadian Life Science Start-Ups are challenged to successfully achieve their funding objectives in one of the most progressive investment communities in the world... Silicon Valley. To succeed in the Bay Area, Canadian Entrepreneurs must adapt to succeed.