From Demo Day a few key take-aways from our Guest Speakers:
Fireside Chat: Hidden Gems - Optimizing Opportunities for Life Science Companies in the US and Canada
- Brian Courtney, CEO of Conavi Medical and Interventional Cardiologist and Clinician Scientist at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- Cheryl Reicin, Chair of Life Sciences Practice, Torys LLP with Brian Courtney,
Keynote Talk - Motivation to invest in early stage Life Science companies
- Vik Bajaj, Managing Director, Foresite Capital
- Anne Woods, Managing Director - Life Sciences & Healthcare SVB
- At many provincial and federal levels they are looking to see how Canadian health care move from being less of a cost center and more of an economic zone.
- What's very important for any region is to create an ecosystem that is resilient to the failure of multiple companies. That's the magic of clusters in Silicon Valley.
- The goal is to have the greatest impact on a patient's life. As life science investors we strive to achieve the greatest impact possible with the greatest return.
- Startups need people who went from small to big. People who went through the transitions, because they would have been through some of the battles that you should anticipate as an entrepreneur going forward.
Both talks are on the CELS VR Demo Day On-Demand Replay:
password required: =b2gxfN3